httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: 0.6.4 looks fine here...
Date Mon, 15 May 1995 22:06:41 GMT

> I suppose we can bundle it in (did it make it into 0.6.4, robh?) with the
> warning that it leaks,

No, 0.6.4 is meant to go public. There's enough of us who don't
want the non-forking code in general use, 'cos it hasn't even been
tested by us yet.

I always try to run the non-forking patch on my system, but it
doesn't get hit by more than a few hundred requests a day. Still, it
hasn't broken once yet ;-)

> It might behoove all of us to start reading up on Java too :)

Go wash your mouth out !   :-)

If things need rewriting (and yes they do), then lets at least have
a go at doing bit-by-bit with a non-forking Apache as a base.
Start by modularizing any redundant or non-reentrant code, and work
our way outwards.

Let's get the fork-free code stable first.

--
Rob Hartill
http://nqcd.lanl.gov/~hartill/