httpd-dev mailing list archives

From d...@ast.cam.ac.uk (David Robinson)
Subject Re: votes
Date Sun, 30 Apr 1995 20:39:00 GMT
>I don't think I'm going to get time this weekend to build
>a new beta based on the votes.

Umm, I think that it's too soon after 0.6.2 to have another beta release,
unless we're sure there won't be another beta release next week;
a beta release per week is far too frequent.

One of the first questions I was asked about Apache was `how stable is it?'
Making beta releases too frequently would give a bad impression; not
least because many people like to run the latest version, and we might
be putting them to unnecessary work.

On the other hand, keeping 0.6.3 a private release may be pretty pointless
if we're all working on 0.7. So I'm not sure what the best policy is.

Anyway, here is my summary of the votes for 0.6.3:

Votes for 0.6.3     bb  rst robh drtr
B73 (virtual hosts) +1   0   0    0
B77 (symlink)        0  -1   0    0
B79 (asis)          +1  +1  +1   +1
B81 (AIX)           +1  +1  +1   +1
B82 (redirect)      +1  +1  +1   +1
B83                 +1           +1
B84 (content-type)  +1  +1       +1

E70 (handler)           -1  -1   -1

O58 (makefile)          -1  -1   -1

Fork_Free.txt           -1  -1   -1
logresolve.c            +1  +1   +1

P67 (group dbm)         +1       +1

Enough votes for inclusion
--------------------------

B79.asis_mod.txt
B81-AIX-compile.txt
B82_redirect_sigbus.txt
B84_script_ct.txt
logresolve.c

Insufficient votes for inclusion
--------------------------------
B73_YAP_virtual_host-rev3.txt            needs 2* +1
B83-next.txt                             needs +1
P67-patch.new_dbm_group_file.txt         needs +1

Does anyone want to vote for these?

Rejected
--------
B77.symlink.hole.txt