httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@dsndata.com>
Subject Re: Bug report --- compiling on FreeBSD
Date Thu, 27 Apr 1995 15:39:48 GMT

> Any help would be appreciated on how to edit the Makefile for the Apache httpd
> for setting the AUX_CFLAGS for FreeBSD2.0 or what changes need to be made in
> httpd.h to allow it to compile.

I have not compiled the server for FreeBSD but regularly compile for
NetBSD-current.  They should be similar if not identical.

You need to define EXTRA_LIBS=-lcrypt.

That's it.

There is a define in httpd.h that includes <sys/param.h> for __NetBSD__.
Try adding -D__NetBSD__ to the Makefile if you have problems.  This needs
to change as we get more feedback about portability issues such as these.

> BTW is anyone using the multihomed abilities of Apache?  After configuring the
> ipconfig -alias, how hard is the httpd.conf setup?  Any pointers sincerely
> appreciated!!

Add the following to your httpd.conf.  Be sure to change the hostname
to that which you are using.

# Virtual Host Config
<VirtualHost www.inetnebr.com>
ServerAdmin webmaster@www.inetnebr.com
DocumentRoot /www/docs/
ServerName www.inetnebr.com
ErrorLog logs/inetnebr.com-error_log
TransferLog logs/inetnebr.com-access_log
</VirtualHost>