httpd-dev mailing list archives

From d...@ast.cam.ac.uk (David Robinson)
Subject Re: multiple requests per connection (Roy ?)
Date Mon, 24 Apr 1995 18:23:00 GMT
>Maybe the spec could be revised so that client/server could negotiate
>the number of requests made per connection, e.g. Apache could
>respond with "I'll give you up to 3 documents for this connection",
>and the client would then ask for <= 3 documents.

As I understand it (from the 1.0 spec), the client and server are not required
to close the connection after the transfer of the first document, but are
allowed to close the connection at any time they feel like it, for any reason.
This includes the server closing the connection because 'I've been talking to
you for too long'.

i.e. no negotation is used, or is even needed. (Except to tell the other
party what to expect).

 David.