httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (David Robinson)
Subject Re: userdir fixed
Date Sun, 16 Apr 1995 12:33:00 GMT
Cliff wrote:
>1) If I access a URL like "" all is well,
>but with, I get a redirect to
>"" which is bad :(

>When a URL such as htpp:/ was requested from the
>server an incorrect redirect gets sent back to the client.  In factr
>the redirect exposes the systems file structure.  The
>problem was that the userdir alias was not getting unmunged correctly.
>The fix was to set alias_used for userdir processed aliases.  A small
>change to add_alias() and translate_name() did the trick.
>I've uploaded my fix as B74 to hyperreal, I suggest a build of 0.6.1
>is in order.

Oh fsck. So I should have trusted my intuition, and stayed with original
decision. Yes, there should be a build of 0.6.1. But this must be 0.6
without the change to unmunge_name, i.e. without B57. So -1 on B74, and
a veto on any other change to unmunge_name without very good reason.

View raw message