httpd-dev mailing list archives

From d...@ast.cam.ac.uk (David Robinson)
Subject Re: E63 send as is
Date Fri, 14 Apr 1995 16:21:00 GMT
I rather like this feature, but I have a few reservations about the patch.
The most significant (almost -1) comment is about the magic mime type used:
httpd/send-as-is. This doesn't seem in keeping with the other mime types used
in httpd. Surely application/x-httpd-asis  (cf. application/x-httpd-cgi)
would be more appropiate?

Other concerns (a fix would get my +1):
httpd should send the body only in response to an HTTP/0.9 request.
Shouldn't httpd send a Last-Modified header if the file does not already
contain one?
httpd should observe any If-Modified-Since header in the request, and compare
it to any Last-Modified header in the file, or to the Last-Modified header
httpd would have added to the file if it was not present.

 David.