httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Spero <...@tipper.oit.unc.edu>
Subject Re: 0.6.1 patches (was Re: 401 problems fixed)
Date Fri, 21 Apr 1995 20:58:15 GMT
There was some discussion on this before... I think there was a general
consensus that a cache size of 200 would cover just about everyone.

This definitely seemed to be the break-even point for sunsite, based on
a  scan of a few hundred thousand entries. Anything much bigger just
seemed to waste space; if you want to do the real right thing, I have a
perl script to calculate hit-rates based on CLF  files, but that's
probably a little excessive for a Makefile :-)

Simon // This Message Composed By Voice