httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: IncludesYesCGInoCMD
Date Tue, 18 Apr 1995 02:50:05 GMT
On Mon, 17 Apr 1995, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> As security concerns go, this ones pretty marginal.  However, it is
> significant enough for me to pro-actively avoid the maintenance hassles
> of having to care about it.  As it stands now, I don't even have the time
> to check people's normal CGI scripts, so I just disallow them altogether
> until the department pulls together the funds for a real webmaster.

Okay.  Out of respect to Roy, who probably represents the needs of a
large body of webmasters out there of sites with large untrusted user
bases, and out of the realization that SSI's are fuct anyways, I rescind
my veto of any patch that has IncludesYesCGINoCMD (though I'd rather see
it named IncludesNoCMD), and I rescind my suggestion for making #include
allow the output of CGI scripts.

	Brian