httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: votes
Date Fri, 28 Apr 1995 16:38:59 GMT
Sigh... I don't have any problems with Rob's votes, but I really do
want to try all the patches myself before giving them a +1 for 0.6.3,
which means probably not till tomorrow morning.  (I'll also be trying
out B67... it seems to work, there seems to be public demand for it,
and *if* it doesn't cause trouble, we might as well).

With regard to the split, I think we have these choices:

1) Not release anything further until we have a stable version
   of the forking stuff (and other new features)

2) Release working versions of the forking stuff, even though it's

3) Split the development lines.

While (3) has its unpleasant aspects, either of 1) or 2) is worse;
we don't want to release flaky stuff, and we don't want to keep stuff
with known bugs on public release when fixes are available.  Hence,
a release which we believe the public can count on, and another with
the development stuff, for our own trials, and possibly use.

View raw message