httpd-dev mailing list archives

From efr...@ncsa.uiuc.edu (Elizabeth Frank)
Subject Re: restructuring the server (was Re: virtual host again)
Date Wed, 26 Apr 1995 23:38:38 GMT
On Apr 26,  2:25pm, Rob Hartill wrote:
} Subject: Re: restructuring the server (was Re: virtual host again)

 > > 2. Discussion group for large web sites (NCSA C&C would like
 > > 	to talk with administrators of sites which get more
 > > 	than 1 million hits a day)
 >
 > I can only think of Netscape, NCSA and GNN who'd probably fit
 > into this category. Are there any others ?

}-- End of excerpt from Rob Hartill

I'm told the Whitehouse gets somewhere in that range, and
that Yahoo is over a million.  As someone earlier pointed
out an absolute cut off point is probably not useful as long
as it is made clear that the discussion will focus on the
problems related to very large, very busy sites.

	-Beth Frank
	efrank@ncsa.uiuc.edu