httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: Bug report
Date Wed, 26 Apr 1995 13:59:51 GMT
The problem, as I read it, is that if a script doesn't set content-type:,
then they get whatever was in the content-type variable before, if anything.
With the NCSA code, I think there's nothing, which means that a Content-type
header just never gets printed out.  With ours, there's generally the
application/x-httpd-cgi thing.  This is generally not a problem, since the
script will set content-type to something else anyway.  However, in the
specific case of scripts which output a Location: header, the bug report
appears to say that content-type also gets set to this bogus value, which
screws up some browsers.  The fix is probably to add something to cgi-stub
which restores the NCSA 1.3 behavior (whatever the heck that is).

rst