httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: beta news ?
Date Wed, 19 Apr 1995 13:32:44 GMT
It's fine to let the general public find some bugs for a change, once
we've taken our own best shot.  However, a lot of the code in 0.5.1 and
especially 0.6.1 is still not tested on most of our beta sites, particularly
most of the big ones, and I really don't feel terribly comfortable releasing
the thing until we've shown enough confidence in it to be using it ourselves.
(Even if the changes since whenever are mostly bugfixes, those can still
cause trouble --- witness B57).

So my proposal is that we get 0.6.1 up on our major sites, or at least a
few *more* of them, wait a while to see if problems emerge, and release it
to the public if they don't.  It's not that I'm expecting any --- but why
take the chance?

rst

Mime
View raw message