httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: beta 3...2...1
Date Tue, 18 Apr 1995 17:28:07 GMT
I'd still prefer that we test 0.6.1 more before actually releasing it
as a beta.  I'm running it, and aside from mysterious, possibly cracker-
induced, crashes (which reverting to a known-good earlier version of the
server software didn't cure), I've had no trouble with it.  However,
the only other person who's apparently running it is Randy --- hyperreal
is at 0.5.1, and HotWired and Cardiff are both at 0.4.  If bugs have
crept in since then which testing on those servers would have uncovered,
well... they haven't been uncovered yet.

(NB our site does a lot of stuff, but it's not a thoroughly comprehensive
test --- we don't do much includes, for instance).

rst