httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: New Makefile
Date Tue, 18 Apr 1995 16:32:15 GMT
   Date: Tue, 18 Apr 1995 14:45:34 -0500
   From: Randy Terbush <randy@dsndata.com>

   I have made changes to allow globally overriding these variables
   with 'make httpd'.  Simply typeing 'make' explains(briefly) how to do
   this.

   The new version is in for_Apache_0.6.1

Still can't override them on a per-OS basis.  Oh, well.  I can live
with this, but then again, I'm not doing extensive cross-system
development.

   I am attempting to consolodate the required changes to a small section
   of the Makefile.  This model makes that difficult.  These items my
   be more appropriate in an INSTALL/TWEAKS file?

   I have made changes to return the variables for the SunOS compile
   to more sane defaults.  All others are taken straight from the
   old Makefile.

You're still linking with -lresolv by default; I don't think that's
really appropriate as a default, for the reasons already outlined.
(I'm not sure about -static either, but that has less of a practical
effect).  Sigh...

   This does not work with the BSDI 1.1 supplied make.

They're not using gmake?  odd...

rst