httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: documentation
Date Mon, 17 Apr 1995 17:36:15 GMT
AddType is still documented, and still works...

It serves two purposes, as I see it:

1) it allows people to add types globally using the same syntax that
   an AddType directive in a .htaccess file would apply locally.

2) it allows *us* to distribute an updated mime.types file without
   breaking the setups of people who used AddTypes (they'd have to do
   a merge of our mime.types and theirs if they modified mime.types
   directly).  Note that mime.types is the only thing in the conf/
   directory which doesn't come in a -dist version... I believe that's
   for this reason, though Rob M. presumably knows the story better.

rst