httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@avron.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: Bundled programs (was Re: public_cgi-bin scripts)
Date Tue, 18 Apr 1995 02:52:38 GMT
> Which reminds me - many of the programs bundled with NCSA's httpd are
> atrocious (shell CGI scripts, an old old version of imagemap, etc).  I'll
> see if I can scrounge together some decent replacements for all those (or
> suggestions for removal - in many cases those scripts are serious
> security holes).
>
> 	Brian

Yes, please do!  It would be particularly nice if they handled HEAD
requests correctly.  Also, I would prefer that the distribution puts
all CGI scripts in cgi-src (leaving cgi-bin empty), so that the
installer has to think about a script before it becomes active.
The only one I would distribute in cgi-bin is the shell script for
testcgi (updated for CGI 1.1, please).