httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: documentation
Date Mon, 17 Apr 1995 15:41:27 GMT
   From: Rob Hartill <hartill@ooo.lanl.gov>
   Date: Mon, 17 Apr 95 13:24:37 MDT

   I just wrote a html description of   httpd.conf

     http://apache.org/apache/docs/httpd.conf.html

   (writeable by the group - so feel free to correct it)

Looks very good --- the discussion of ServerType, Port, User and Group
should probably be ultimately cross-referenced to separate documents
which walk the user through setting it up under inetd and standalone
modes, respectively, but all in due time...

One typographical quibble --- the use of <b>oldface to quote the code
sections is a bit different from my own usual style (I generally use
<code> for these sections, which shows up in most browsers as
some fixed-width typewriter font).  I could certainly live with this;
I just want to make sure there's a consensus before we settle on this
as a house style.

rst