httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: userdir fixed
Date Sun, 16 Apr 1995 18:32:24 GMT
   From: Rob Hartill <hartill@ooo.lanl.gov>
   Date: Sun, 16 Apr 95 11:55:45 MDT

   How about holding off on any *new* patches for the next few days, and
   build a 0.7b out of 0.6. Aim for a Wednesday rebuild maybe ?

Hmmm... as long as we're not going to beat NCSA out of the door
anyway, it might make sense to hold off long enough to get the
non-forking code (and perhaps AddHandler, if it's non-problematic)
into the Apache mainline.

(The only reason I mention AddHandler is that the implementation
shouldn't have any side effects whatever in cases which don't cause
handlers to be invoked; if it was as invasive as, say, my B23, I
wouldn't even be putting it forward at this time).

   I think it'll help to have a specific date in mind for the first beta.

   However, I'll build a 0.6.1 if that's what's wanted.

Thanks for doing so.

rst