httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: IncludesYesCGInoCMD
Date Fri, 14 Apr 1995 12:41:00 GMT
   From: Rob Hartill <hartill@ooo.lanl.gov>
   Date: Fri, 14 Apr 95 10:14:56 MDT

   > Actually, there's one per-directory config option which I've wanted to see
   > for a while --- XBitHack.  There's really no good reason why this, alone

   I have directories in which only a small subset of the well established
   html files need includes. XBitHack lets me do that at the file level
   granularity that I need.

No, the proposal is to allow you to select the XBitHack or
non-XBitHack behavior on a per-directory basis, via Options in a
.htaccess file, if you choose to.  If not, then sticking it once in
the Options declaration in http_access.c will get you XBitHack across
the whole server, exactly as you have now.

rst