httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: E63 send as is
Date Tue, 11 Apr 1995 10:54:18 GMT
  probably. Is this the case for "nph" ? (I don't know)

NPH scripts get a direct connection back to the client --- the server
hands off the socket to the client as the script's stdout.  With that
come certain responsibilities, one of which is not sending the body
on a HEAD request; an nph script which doesn't handle that right (and
I'll admit, most probably don't) is breaking the server, and probably
ought to be fixed.

The difference between that case and .asis is that a .asis file can't
elect not to send back the "body" on its own, since it's just a bucket
of bits which get passed back to the client.  So, I'm in agreement that
if we're going to support this, the server should cut it off after the
headers on a HEAD request...

rst