httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject 0.5 distribution --- problems with B57.
Date Sat, 08 Apr 1995 16:56:40 GMT
When I was doing my usual round of tests on 0.5 prior to installing it
on port 80, I noticed some problems.  It turns out that patch B57 (the
unmunge cleanup) introduces several new bugs ---

*) The SCRIPT_NAME CGI variable is set incorrectly if the script
   gets PATH_INFO

*) Likewise for DOCUMENT_URI in code invoked from server-side includes

*) Automatically generated redirects for directories break (sorry,
   Rob, not without a formal bug-ID).

*) [I believe] Some error messages for MultiViews come out broken.

What these all have in common is that some modified variant of the
translated name is being unmunged, with the expectation that the
result will be the original URL modified in the corresponding
fashion (and not an unmodified copy of it).

Backing out of B57 cures all of the above, and I've now put 0.5, as
de-amended, up on www.ai port 80.  Just thought other people would
like to know.  (I think we need to either fix this right or back it
out --- the old behavior was indeed subtly buggy, but given the choice
between those bugs and these bugs, the former are, IMHO, easier to
live with).

rst

Mime
View raw message