httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: httpd patches
Date Tue, 04 Apr 1995 09:01:59 GMT
   Date: Tue, 4 Apr 1995 10:01:15 +0200
   From: Andy Polyakov <appro@fy.chalmers.se>

   >    NO, IT WON'T! At least not with NCSA 1.3: for cycle takes care of that.
   >
   > Hmmm... as I read the code, it will start checking for .htaccess files
   > in *subdirectories* of the directory named by the longest initial
   > substring which matches some <Directory> directive in access.conf (or
   > DocumentRoot --- but that may be redundant).           (Whew!)

   ??? NCSA httpd 1.3 always(!) starts searching .htaccesses from /. At
   least with default access.conf... So as apache_0.4, just checked. What
   have you got in access.conf?

The same... I was trying to figure out your code.

   Fortunately each ~user reference leaves corresponding alias in 'a' array
   in http_alias.c and that's what I use to localize .htaccess search to
   users' subtrees: for cycle in tackle_on_docroot goes through aliases
   and locates corresponding real path.

That's the bit I was missing... just spotted it in http_alias.c.  Thanks.

rst