httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: restructuring the server (was Re: virtual host again)
Date Wed, 26 Apr 1995 14:44:09 GMT

> GNN could be in the million+ range
> anyway if you count all the mirror sites, but by that standard, I suppose
> it's possible that the movie database counts as well.

I don't even think that with all the mirror sites combined that it
gets even 1/2 million a day.

That might change soon though. AOL are making enquiries to mirror the
database, no strings attached, as part of a project they working on
called "Giving something back to the internet". It's all unofficial
right now, so don't make it public.

> Another possible million+ site is sunsite-UNC,

Hmm, that'd explain their slow response times.

Anyway, there doesn't seem to be many sites in the the 1 million/day
club, so the proposed NCSA meeting would be a quiet one :-)

robh