httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: Another server named "Apache"...
Date Wed, 26 Apr 1995 13:12:05 GMT

> Anyway, here's a press
> release, which describes yet another server project named "Apache" (look
> towards the middle)...

> (NEW ORLEANS) April 25, 1995 -- TeleGrafix Communications Inc. of Huntington

Well we beat them to the announcement, does that count for anything ?

If they don't start shipping until late '95, our Apache should be
well known, and they might have to change their name.

If we do get stuck, one solution might be to change the spelling
of Apache to say Apachy. That'd stop all the whining about the
ties with the Apache Nation too.

robh