httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: fork free
Date Mon, 24 Apr 1995 22:10:54 GMT

I've got some code now which lets you pass a file descriptor, for
a direct link to the client, to a CGI script.

*If* the script wants to use it to talk directly with the client, it
picks up the value from $ENV{CLIENT_FD} and sends back a special
header to the server...

e.g.

#!/usr/local/bin/perl

print "Http-intercept: direct\r\n";
open(NEW,">&$ENV{CLIENT_FD}") || die "Boo hoo";
select(NEW);
print "HTTP/1.0 200 OK\r\n";

Apache justs waits for the script to finish before continuing.

Now if I can only get the child to not wait, and just carry on
regardless (wasn't Sid James in that ?), we'd have something
really useful. It might be useful as it stands though.

robh