httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: fork free
Date Mon, 24 Apr 1995 18:10:06 GMT

> Well, there was a bug in 1.3 where the client socket descriptor was
> left open for the CGI process. One (ugly) possibility would be to
> duplicate that socket on a well-known fd (like stderr or #3 perhaps)
> so that a script could output a stop-parsing magic string on stdout,
> and then finish the response on the client socket.

... you took the words out of my mouth.

I was think along the lines of letting the script send the headers
and body in different directions. Sending to stderr isn't particularly
attractive, but as long as both Apache and scripts can agree in advance
where the direct line will be, we should be ok.

robh