httpd-dev mailing list archives

From cli...@steam.com (Cliff Skolnick)
Subject Re: The political correctness question...
Date Sun, 23 Apr 1995 13:58:25 GMT
On Apr 23, 12:00pm, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
}   About Apache Digital
}
}   Apache Digital Corporation is formed as a tool to be used by God to be a
}   blessing to people, and to support the spread of the gospel of Jesus
}   Christ to all the nations of the earth. It is to be operated on the
}   principles of God as laid out in the Bible. We have faith that Jehovah
}   Jireh, the Lord our Provider, is more than capable of supplying all our
}   needs; that Jehovah Nissi, the Lord our Victory, will fight all our
}   battles for us; that Jehovah Shalom, the Lord our Peace, will shoulder all
}   of the burdens and pressures of daily operation; and that we will find
}   favor and good understanding in the sight of God and man.
}
} I mean "worse" not as in "isn't this awful" but as in "what would the
} Apache Nation think".
}
}-- End of excerpt from Brian Behlendorf

You know, it is quite possible that the company is run by Apaches.
In that case, there would be no problem.  It appeard the registration
was done by a provider, so there is no hint about who the "real"
owner is beside their Organization name.  No wasy to tell.  Needless
to say I won't be back there.

Their web site sucks, but so do many others, and their existance
does not validate or invalidate the use of the name Apache.  I think
a statement like rst's should be made, I'm not saying we cave in when
the first person complains, but I'd like to at least tell people
that yes we are aware of the potential problems and never had
any wish to offend.

BTW the fact that the product is free also really has no bearing,
other than to say you can't get money by suing us.

Cliff