httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: The political correctness question...
Date Sun, 23 Apr 1995 12:16:35 GMT

> Rob --- what did you say?

Something along the lines of, we'd thought about the name problem,
but decided it wasn't something to worry about since Apache wasn't
going to exploit the name for profit. Also, I said that (the original
poster) suggesting that the Apache people will be more sensitive than
other people might be worse than using their name anyway.

I said that if we'd called it "The English/Welsh/French etc" server then
those nations wouldn't be offended, so why should the Apache ?

I think I was polite  ;-)

>(NB I haven't seen any replies at all to the
> original question on www-talk; if we're lucky, you just responded to the
> original poster...).

this is your lucky day !, not.

robh