httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <>
Subject Re: ready ?
Date Thu, 20 Apr 1995 17:46:32 GMT
> On Thu, 20 Apr 1995, Randy Terbush wrote:
> > I am open to suggestions. The main oposition being the issue of
> > Email addresses being listed.
> If at the top it said "do NOT send bug reports or support questions to
> the following", would it be so bad?  At worst, you just bounce the
> message to

The internet movie-db team were flooded with mail once the address
was put on a web page, even though there were repatative and huge
(not quite flashing) messages telling them to read the rest of the
page first. The rest of the page pointed people at the information
they wanted.

The solution was to add the link

just before the mail address, with the link text promises all kinds
of goodies we'd already explained where to find.

Anyway, have a look, it worked great for us. I don't think Rob T's
going to like it  ;-)

The bottom line is that if you show someone your email address, and
tell them not to use it, they will anyway. I get phone calls
at work about the movie db, because my page over here has a phone number
on it.. see and look at the text after
the phone number !

View raw message