httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: beta 3...2...1
Date Tue, 18 Apr 1995 15:36:53 GMT

> I'd still prefer that we test 0.6.1 more before actually releasing it
> as a beta.  I'm running it, and aside from mysterious, possibly cracker-
> induced, crashes (which reverting to a known-good earlier version of the
> server software didn't cure), I've had no trouble with it.  However,
> the only other person who's apparently running it is Randy --- hyperreal
> is at 0.5.1, and HotWired and Cardiff are both at 0.4.  If bugs have

Cardiff is actually running something more like 0.5.1 with NCSA non-forking
added. I asked for 0.6.1 to be installed. The version number at Cardiff
isn't too meanignful.

0.5.1 -> 0.6.1 was mainly a fix update, the big stuff came earlier.

I used 0.6.1 on my machine which isn't a public one, but I do mirror
another local site, and it behaves with a variety of services.

robh