httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob McCool <r...@netscape.com>
Subject Re: indexing suggestion (ATTN NCSA: possible 1.4 bug...)
Date Tue, 18 Apr 1995 20:10:47 GMT
/*
 * "Re: indexing suggestion (ATTN NCSA: possible 1.4 bug...)" by Brandon Long
 *    written Mon, 17 Apr 1995 10:29:23 -0500 (CDT)
 *
 * argh.  You know, I'm beginning to understand why Netsite doesn't
 * have local directory config files, just central ones that define
 * everything.  It makes it a lot easier.
 *
 */

Actually, market demand made us add them to 1.1. So they're there,
improved, and with more sensible location methods than "stat the
whole damn tree". I think the real problem is that the httpd 1.3 code
makes so many assumptions about its own operation (no per-request
variable structure, glboals up the wazoo, die())

--Rob