httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brandon Long <bl...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: indexing suggestion (ATTN NCSA: possible 1.4 bug...)
Date Mon, 17 Apr 1995 15:29:23 GMT
Last time, Robert S. Thau uttered the following other thing:

>    Date: Mon, 17 Apr 95 14:30 BST
>    From: drtr@ast.cam.ac.uk (David Robinson)
>
>    Rst wrote:
>    >...You'd need per-directory DefaultTypes (another potentially useful
>    >extension, though some care would be needed in implementation in the
>    >non-forking case)...
>
>    This is already available; it is a feature of NCSA httpd 1.3.
>
> Hmmm... it's still there in 1.4, and still implemented as a simple
> strcpy() into the default_type variable --- however, I can't see
> anyplace where it saves the srm.conf DefaultType value before
> overwriting it (and hence, it can't restore DefaultType to that value
> before the next transaction).
>
> (That's the subtlety I was alluding to... Rob H., if you've taken over
> the non-forking stuff, I guess this is in your bailiwick).

argh.  You know, I'm beginning to understand why Netsite doesn't have
local directory config files, just central ones that define everything.
It makes it a lot easier.

fixed.

> would *clearly* be improper with XBITHACK on --- if the XBIT is set on
> /file.html/, then this is a reference to a server-side-includes file
> with PATH_INFO, and the correct thing is very definitely to process
> the file, and pass along the PATH_INFO to any scripts it happens to
> invoke.
>
> At any rate, this is such a minor issue that I can't see fussing with
> it at all until after beta 1.

1.4 returns the file as html, PATH_INFO set /.  I'd feel this is the proper
course of action.

odd, 1.4 returns 403 on /index.html/a

Brandon

--
 Brandon Long   (N9WUC)     "I think, therefore, I am confused." -- RAW
 Computer Engineering   	Run Linux 1.1.xxx	It's that Easy.