httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: Makefile
Date Sat, 15 Apr 1995 00:18:44 GMT

> There's also some warnings that should be cleaned up,
>
> httpd.c: In function `standalone_main':
> httpd.c:257: warning: passing arg 2 of `accept' from incompatible pointer type
> gcc -c -g  http_request.c
> gcc -c -g  util.c
> util.c: In function `get_remote_logname':
> util.c:908: warning: passing arg 2 of `getpeername' from incompatible pointer type
> util.c:910: warning: passing arg 2 of `getsockname' from incompatible pointer type

I initially made these changes in hopes that using BSD4_4 would
be more portable.  If we follow the model in the httpd.h,
#ifdef __FreeBSD__ needs to be there along with all of the
other platforms that this has been ported to.

The real trick to this all is knowing when to include sys/param.h.
I know of no way to do this unless we create configuration
scripts to figure it out.  I question if this *small* piece of
code needs that complexity *yet*.  I simple 2 liner in httpd.h
takes care of it.