httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: E63 send as is
Date Tue, 11 Apr 1995 11:26:52 GMT

> The difference between that case and .asis is that a .asis file can't
> elect not to send back the "body" on its own, since it's just a bucket
> of bits which get passed back to the client.  So, I'm in agreement that
> if we're going to support this, the server should cut it off after the
> headers on a HEAD request...

Version 2, which I just tried and saw working (patch to follow),
treats the   .asis files as script output. HEAD works as expected.

Slight change of syntax though, now you'll have to use Status: to
send a variation on the HTTP response, but that's favourable
compared to "HTTP/1.0 xxx Message"  anyway.

robh