httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: sloppy URLs
Date Fri, 07 Apr 1995 17:04:15 GMT

>   How do other servers react to missing trailing slashes ?
>
> I just checked --- the CERN server sends redirects, as does NetSite.
> It seems to be fairly standard and accepted behavior.

but do they have this wonderful on/off switch that we might get ?

:-)

As a service provider, I'm happy to put up with screaming users
for a week or two while they fix their URLs, knowing that in the
long term everything speeds up.

Maybe Randy could draw me a road sign, the circular type with
the words "No Sloppy URLs" crossed off. My 404 Not Found custom
page could then explain the problem and benefits of fixing it to
the users. I could even offer them the correct URL if I knew
what it was. Hey I'd be educating them !

robh: 402 Payment Required