httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: Patch B59 uploaded: include bugs
Date Fri, 07 Apr 1995 08:54:10 GMT

> I've uploaded B59-include-bugs-needs-B46.txt which fixes several bugs
> in http_include.c's parsing routines:
> Bugs fixed: (decreasing importance)

>  * did not allow whitespace around = in tag=value, or between -- and >

>  David.

Without checking the HTML spec, isn't a comment supposed to end
with -->  with now white space ? .... we might be encouraging sloppy
HTML.

n.b. a few browsers for NeXt barf unless they see a --> terminated
comment - they just stay in comment mode, so big chunks of documents
disappear. While includes are a special case of comment, it might
be better to be strict here too.

robh