httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: Makefile changes
Date Fri, 07 Apr 1995 03:02:54 GMT
>    Date: Thu, 06 Apr 1995 20:57:42 -0500
>    From: Randy Terbush <randy@zyzzyva.com>
>
>    Have been re-upped to the 0.4 directory minus the patch for httpd.h
>    and minus the configurable parameters in the archtype Makefiles.
>

> Hmmm... is there an easy way to add a new file in this setup?
> (Using the NCSA code for fork-free operation, which is by far the
> easiest way for us to achieve that result in the near term, adds at
> least two, and it would be awkward to have to change every single
> system-dependant Makefile by hand, particularly when I could only
> actually test at most a few of them).
>
> rst

IF we became dependent on GNU make, we could do this, passing the
values for SRC and OBJ to the submake files.  I am not aware of
how I could do this with most standard makes.  I tried to
be more portable than that, but...

I suppose we could make it one big Makefile....

The archtype Makefiles could be updated with 'sed' since the
SRC and OBJ stuff is a standard layout.