httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: Makefile changes
Date Thu, 06 Apr 1995 17:46:33 GMT

Randy,

your patch for httpd.h is relative to your own httpd.h and not
the standard Apache release.
It'll be impossible for anyone else to apply it automatically.

Also, Ithink it'd be useful to document and allow people to
specify -DHUGE_STRING_LENGTH so that we can override the CERT
8k string lengths if we choose to.
I always compile with -DHUGE_STRING_LENGTH=256 'cos I can't
afford 8k speed bumps.

Aren't HTTPD_ROOT,DOCUMENT_LOCATION,DEFAULT_ADMIN supposed
to be configured in the config files anyway, so it's probably
unwise to advertize their existence in the Makefile - I've never
noticed that one could change these in the httpd.h file - I always
assumed they were config settings. Many web admins will scratch
their head when they see these in the Makefile and config files.

cheers,
rob