httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brandon Long <bl...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: NCSA 1.4 --- core dumps seen with /~user problem
Date Thu, 06 Apr 1995 17:46:55 GMT
Last time, Robert S. Thau uttered the following other thing:

>    From: rst@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
>    Date: Thu, 6 Apr 95 07:48:25 EDT
>
>    I've managed to duplicate at least the first of these symptoms.  If a
>    single httpd_child process ever translates more than 20 /~username
>    URLs with 20 distinct, valid usernames, the table does overflow, and
>    whatever Redirect directives were in srm.conf incrementally stop being
>    honored as their table entries become taken up with the internally
>    generated aliases.  I haven't taken it all the way to the core-dump
>    stage yet ;-).
>
> ... but I have now, just to see what would happen.

Well, Ok, I got it.  I just made the alias/redirect arrays
rollover if they hit max.  Well, not completely roll over, since
I wanted to save the alias/redirects from the config files, so
it rolls over in the extra space in the table.

It may not be the best cacheing (if you can even call it that) but
its the quickest way to fix it.

Brandon

--
 Brandon Long   (N9WUC)     "I think, therefore, I am confused." -- RAW
 Computer Engineering   	Run Linux 1.1.xxx	It's that Easy.