httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob McCool <r...@netscape.com>
Subject Re: .htforward anyone???
Date Tue, 04 Apr 1995 16:06:15 GMT
/*
 * "Re: .htforward anyone???" by drtr@ast.cam.ac.uk (David Robinson)
 *    written Tue, 4 Apr 95 14:35 BST
 *
 * Brandon wrote:
 ** It may be interesting to note that it was taken out of 1.3:
 ** "Redirect no longer supported from .htaccess files.",file,out);
 * Why?
 *
 */

I don't remember the reasons offhand. God forbid I should have done
something sensible like put a comment around it explaining why I did
that.

As I recall, it had something to do with ordering... something about
name translation already being done by the time .htaccess files were
being parsed. I do remember trying it, realizing that the exact syntax
I wanted to use wouldn't work without some modifications to other
parts of the code, and decided that like everything else I just didn't
have the time to make it work. At the time there were some
particularly nasty crash bugs in the new parsed HTML code that needed
more attention.

--Rob