httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Multi-homed
Date Sat, 01 Apr 1995 18:33:13 GMT

I was just beginning to hack on multi-homed support.
The changes are fairly minor and I wanted to ask the group
what their thoughts are about implementation.

The direction I would like to take would be to reset
'DocumentRoot' based on the answering IP address
(ie the IP that the server is answering for).  I see
it being much like 'ScriptAlias' such that if the
IP contacted is 200.100.50.1, DocumentRoot gets
set to /www/docs/200.100.50.1.

Comments?

The other implementation I have seen sets a CGI environment
variable to SERVER_ROOT which requires an index.cgi to
be in the toplevel document directory.  Seems like all of those
execs could add up to a lot of overhead.