httpd-dev mailing list archives

From d...@ast.cam.ac.uk (David Robinson)
Subject Re: change LF to CRLF ?
Date Mon, 20 Mar 1995 22:42:00 GMT
Rob wrote:
>However,I think that stream.c is thumping all the CRLFs into LFs  :-(
>David - can you fix that please. I couldn't work out what
>needed to be changed - commenting out the overwriting of CR with LF
>didn't work.
It sure is; I went to some lengths to ensure I did the (a) right thing.
My model was that the canonical internal format was LF terminated lines.
It would seem much more sensible to only add a CR on output, rather than try
to cope with reading CRLF or LF terminated lines throughout the code.
(stream.c doesn't touch isolated CR, by the way.)

And can we get rid of all this fprintf(."%c%c", CR, LF) rubbish please?
There's nothing wrong with fputs("\015\012")...

Anyway, I don't see why you would want to change stream.c.

 David.