httpd-dev mailing list archives

From d...@ast.cam.ac.uk (David Robinson)
Subject Re: apache-0.2 on hyperreal
Date Sun, 19 Mar 1995 13:18:00 GMT
>Date: Sat, 18 Mar 1995 23:15:50 -0500 (EST)
>From: Eric C Hagberg <hagberg@mail.med.cornell.edu>
>This version seems to break imagemap (as well as some other scripts I have)
>that output "Location:" URLs.

I don't know if this is the cause of your problem, however:
there is a bug in the patch B23_addtype-bug.txt that came with apache-0.2.
(which is presumably the same as patches/for_NCSA_1.3/B23-patch.addtype-bug)
It adds a trailing slash to the PATH_INFO and PATH_TRANSLATED cgi variables.
If possible, I think it would be better to split this patch into two; one
to fix the addtype bug, and another to clean up the script code.

It would have been a little easier to track down if the patch files
contained readmes, and if there were a Changelog file in the apache source
directory...

Also, could the apache releases be based on NCSA httpd 1.3R not 1.3?

 David.