httpd-dev mailing list archives

From d...@ast.cam.ac.uk (David Robinson)
Subject Re: new patch file format
Date Fri, 17 Mar 1995 12:32:00 GMT
>If we are changing the seperator to a space, should we also
>change the seperator for keys, req, and conf to be consistant?
Yes, probably. Of course, for the user input I accept any combination of
white space or commas to seperate entries in req and conf.
But for the actual patch file format, I think it would be wise to be
consistent.

>I am still thinking about if HTML is a valid in the description...but
>I am leaning toward no.  I don't think I should have to escape the "<"
>and ">" symbols.
You wouldn't have to, unless you edited the files by hand. The forms software
automatically escapes active characters. (It currently does this on output,
but could do it on input.)

>Does the "ref" item meet the need for indexing to other places?
Yes.

 David.