httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (David Robinson)
Subject Re: BSDI compilation of apache .001
Date Sun, 12 Mar 1995 17:19:00 GMT
> Date: Sat, 11 Mar 1995 15:58:35 -0800 (PST)
> From: Brian Behlendorf <>
> ... Diving in, I determined that scripts that put "\r\n\r\n" inbetween the
> HTTP headers (CRLFCRLF in other words) and the data produce a 500 server
> error...
> util.c and stream.c - both referred to an errno "ETIME", which I couldn't
>    find in /usr/include/sys/errno.h in BSD.  Apparently it's equivalent to
>   ETIMEDOUT (correct me if I'm wrong) so I changed a line like
> errno = ETIME;
> #if defined(BSD)
> errno = ETIMEDOUT;
> #else
> errno = ETIME;
> #endif

There is no reason to make this conditional on BSD; it might as well use
ETIMEDOUT for all architectures.

I've updated my patch (patch.drtr-read) to fix both these problems, and have
uploaded it to hyperreal:httpd/patches/

Portability issues still outstanding:
stream.c needs unistd.h and sys/time.h.
Are these available on all unixes?
(I note that httpd.h only includes unistd.h if NEXT is defined)

I've checked OSF/1, Linux, Solaris, SunOs, BSD/386 and they all have these
two header files.

View raw message