httpd-dev mailing list archives

From d...@ast.cam.ac.uk (David Robinson)
Subject Config file syntax
Date Sat, 04 Mar 1995 15:34:00 GMT
I need to put a " in the description of an AddDescription config line. It can't
be done. There are two ways of implementing this; either
 "" being replaced by " in AddDescription strings (a compatible change), or
 \" being replaced by " and \\ being replaced by \  (incompatible change)

I prefer the first option. What do people think?

I also discovered a nasty feature of cfg_getword.
The general syntax for config lines is space separated tokens. If you
want a space in a token, you have to prefix it with '\'.  However,
all \ chars not followed by a space are ignored, so you cannot get a \
in a token!

 David.