httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <>
Subject Re: The future, for Apache and NCSA httpd
Date Tue, 21 Mar 1995 17:41:14 GMT
On Tue, 21 Mar 1995, Rob Hartill wrote:
> Secure communication is non-trivial, from what Adam Caine said, I
> get the impression that it'll require licensed software from
> EIT (or elsewhere) to be installed. Maybe the best we could hope
> for would be to provide hooks for the software.

There are two paths that NCSA could take - make SHTTP support a #DEFINE and
write hooks that link into terisa's shttp.a (which you'd buy from Terisa)
or one that hooks into a PGP library (they could do both).  I'd be
willing to bet they'll do the former first - if so, I could see it as our
role to find someone from the cypherpunks list to help us with the latter :)

View raw message