httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@wired.com>
Subject Re: Compiling with -Wall
Date Tue, 14 Mar 1995 19:32:31 GMT
On Tue, 14 Mar 1995, Robert S. Thau wrote:
>    Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1995 07:15:21 -0600
>    From: Randy Terbush <randy@zyzzyva.com>
>
>    > I certainly think that these warnings should be fixed, and the coding
>    > style in general needs improving. However, right now I think we want
>    > to avoid changing too many source files. Not only would we move further
>    > away from the NCSA source, but it also makes it a little harder to
>    > integrate patches with one-another.
>    >
>    > The majority of your changes are to remove redundent variables (of which
>    > there are sadly too many) -- which an optimising compiler would do anyway,
>    > and to insert parenthesis around assignments in conditional expressions.
>    > May I suggest that you trim down the patch to include only the bug fixes?
>
>    Point well taken.  I will trim this and resubmit it.
>
> Aw, drat.  The content-negotiation stuff really does need another
> pass, and I was looking forward to finally being able to use -Wall
> while debugging it.  (I suppose I could have the Makefile turn it on
> only for http_mime_db.c for the time being).
>
> Brian and Cliff have both been doing integration --- has this been a
> problem so far?

I haven't had a problem.  For the record I've integrated every patch
posted as of last night around 8pm, with the exception of two of Roy's
(the log file patches, logging of referrer needs some discussion as I
think we want to see customizable logging, right? and the one using
open()/close() instead of fopen()/fclose() as it was causing core dumps -
I'll look into that later).  I've done them all by hand to ensure they
didn't conflict, that was a good way to learn my way around the code
better as well.  Anyways, I'll put in the patches posted today, and try
to get in the stuff I need for hotwired (DBM mods, DOCUMENT_ROOT, and
configurable default time format for http_include.c) and if Cliff doesn't
mind maybe we can see a release of apache-pre .002....(.010? :)

	Brian

brian@hotwired.com  brian@hyperreal.com  http://www.hotwired.com/Staff/brian/