httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@wired.com>
Subject BSDI compilation of apache .001
Date Sat, 11 Mar 1995 23:58:35 GMT

First off, a weirdness - I managed to compile apache without problem on
hyperreal (port 8000) but when the home page called two inline CGI scripts
(to randomize the images) I got a 500 server error.  Diving in, I determined
that scripts that put "\r\n\r\n" inbetween the HTTP headers (CRLFCRLF in
other words) and the data produce a 500 server error, whereas those that just
put "\n\n" (LFLF) work fine.  Any idea on what's causing this?  I've been
using \r\n in all my scripts as that's what I thought the HTTP specs
required, so to not do that would be painful (but if the spec really is

The compilation on SGI went without a hitch, but I had to tweak a little bit
to get it to compile on BSDI (whereas stock NCSA compiles fine).  Here's the
changes, which you can see in action in /export/apache/apache-tar-brian/:

util.c and stream.c - both referred to an errno "ETIME", which I couldn't
   find in /usr/include/sys/errno.h in BSD.  Apparently it's equivalent to
   ETIMEDOUT (correct me if I'm wrong) so I changed a line like

errno = ETIME;

#if defined(BSD)
errno = ETIMEDOUT;
#else
errno = ETIME;
#endif

There were messages about "BSD already defined" and incompatible pointer
types. This is probably pretty basic to y'all, but I just want to double
check that that makes sense :)

Brian

brian@hotwired.com  brian@hyperreal.com  http://www.hotwired.com/Staff/brian/