httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric C Hagberg <hagb...@mail.med.cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Member List
Date Tue, 14 Mar 1995 07:10:51 GMT
On Mon, 13 Mar 1995, Randy Terbush wrote:

> Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 23:00:14 -0600
> From: Randy Terbush <randy@zyzzyva.com>
> To: new-httpd@hyperreal.com
> Subject: Member List
>
> I have thrown together a form at http://www.hyperreal/httpd/add_member.html
> which should simplify the addition of member information.  Please stop by
> and add yours if you have not already mailed me your information.
>
> In the process of creating and debugging this form, I discovered what
> appears to be a bug in the 1.1b1 Netscape beta.  It seems that the browser
> is truncating CGI input at 199 chars, or at least something less than the
> total.  This form works fine in other browsers.

Perhaps there's a bug in MacWeb 1.00A3.2, or the script, as I just tried
the form, and got an "unsafe char in ..." error when I tried to submit
the form... nothing weird (that I could see) in any field I was submitting.

-ech

(oh yeah, the URL needs a ".com" in the hostname part.)

Eric Hagberg                          Phone: 212-746-4622
User Services Manager                 Fax:   212-746-8161
Office of Academic Computing      Cornell Medical College